While attending the Red Power Round Up at the SD State Fairgrounds, you and your family can also enjoy:
- SD Agricultural Heritage Museum Exhibit
- Trolley Rides
- Indoor Vendors & Exhibitors (some air conditioned)
- Black Hills Bus Tour - cancelled due to postponement
- Little House on the Prairie: Laura Ingalls Wilder Tour - tour pending due to postponement
- Children’s Activities: rope making, tractor maze, corn sandboxes, ATV simulator, grain engulfment simulator, and Billy Steers, author of Tractor Mac
- Quilt Show
- Attention all quilters! Make plans to participate in the quilt show that will be held in the Women’s Building during the Round Up. We are looking for quilts of all shapes, colors and sizes that will be on display throughout the Round Up! You can bring your quilt to be put on display to the Women’s Building between 8 AM – 1 PM on Friday, August 7th, 2020, or, if you would like to drop it off sooner, you can take it to the SD State Fair Administration Office in the Nordby Exhibit Hall between 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday thru Friday, prior to the quilt show. We can’t wait to show off the amazing talents of quilters from across the states.
- Quilt Program
- Do we have a program for you ladies! Louise and Ruby will entertain you with their delightful program. They will share their knowledge of quilting in a most entertaining way. You will laugh and enjoy yourself; they put on quite a show while sharing their passion for quilting.
- Garden Tour
- Tour details pending due to postponement.
- Join us as we take a fun tour of some of the exquisite gardens found in Huron where the botanical colors, shapes and fragrances will command your attention!
- ‘Make N’ Take’ classes
- Join us for some “do it yourself” fun where you will learn how to paint a red tractor sign or make a wreath to welcome others into your home!
- Red Power Parade (daily)
- The SD State Fair has a special event on Friday, August 7th. Follow the link for more information!
Harvester Heritage Dealer Reunion: Date TBD at 11 am in the Rural Electric Cooperatives classroom located in Nordby Exhibit Hall. Call Dan Kennedy for more information: 785-456-5964.
As you are traveling to and from Huron, and through our great state, if you wish to explore other SD attractions, check out South Dakota Tourism’s website.